All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionA revealing, comprehensive and colourful insight into the design process, Fashion Designers Sketchbooks explores many major names working in the fashion industry today. Photographs, sketches, mood boards, line-ups, toiles, fabric swatches and more all contribute to the creation of ideas for fashion designs, and here they are brought together for the first time to show how the final work is conceived and developed. Garments on the catwalk are juxtaposed with lookbooks, the original research material, and with finished illustrations giving a new perspective on the working methods of leading international designers. This approach makes the book a fascinating resource for both students and designers. Numerous leading designers, including John Gallia for Dior, Luella and Christian Lacroix, are interviewed alongside their sketchbooks, discussing the roles they play in evolution of their work, and how they inform and encourage their creative processes. The result is in an inspirational overview of cutting-edge design today.
- Author BiographyHywel Davies is a freelance fashion writer based in London. After studying Fashion Communication and Promotion at Central Saint Martins, Hywel worked for an international mix of magazines and newspapers. Previously the fashion editor at Sleazenation, he has also written for Arena, Vogue, ELLE, Wallpaper, Nylon, Dazed & Confused, Fashion Inc, Grafik, Time Out, The Guardian, The Sunday Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Observer, The Independent and SHOWstudio. Hywel is a Senior Lecturer in Fashion Communication and Promotion at Central St Martins, and has also lectured at London College of Fashion and the Royal College of Art. He is the author of Modern Menswear, 100 New Fashion Designers and British Fashion Designers, all published by Laurence King.
- Author(s)Hywel Davies
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Out-of-print date26/01/2016
- Content Note334 colour illustrations
- Weight1310 g
- Width216 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.