All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn todays' highly competitive global market, fashion designers, entrepreneurs and executives need state, federal, and international laws to protect their intellectual property-their brands and the products by which their customers recognize them. Fashion Law provides a concise and practical guide to the full range of legal issues faced by a fashion company as it grows from infancy to international stature. Updated to reflect recent legal decisions and regulatory developments, this revised edition covers such a vital issues as intellectual property protection and litigation, licensing, anti-counterfeiting, start-ups and finance, commercial transactions, retail property leasing, employment regulations, advertising and marketing, celebrity endorsements, international trade. Features of the text help to make legal concepts accessible to the lay reader. More than 25 leading attorneys practicing in the emerging legal specialty of fashion law contributed the chapters for this authoritative text, and their expertise provides a foundation for fashion professionals and their legal advisors to work together effectively. New to this Edition~Expanded section on Intellectual Property protection, including an all new Chapter 6 on Litigation~All new Chapter 10 on Fashion Finance Features~Box Features provide real-life examples that demonstrate the role that law plays in the fashion business, including landmark court cases and current events~Practice Tips discuss legal issues that should be considered as fashion designers and executives establish procedures for conducting their business~Sample Clauses familiarize readers with the legal language that covers the rights and responsibilities of the parties to agreements. Instructor's Guide and PowerPoint presentations available.
- Author BiographyGuillermo C. Jimenez, Esq., is Professor of International Trade and Marketing at Fashion Institute of Technology (U.S.), and holds adjunct teaching appointments at the New York University Stern School of Business, the International School of Management in Paris (France), and New York's Iona College. Jimenez is an academic advisor to the Fashion Law Committee of the New York County Law Association and is a technical expert on international trade for the International Chamber of Commerce. Barbara Kolsun, Esq., Executive Vice President and General Counsel at Stuart Weitzman Holdings, LLC (U.S.); she is also an adjunct professor at the New York University School of Law and Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University. Kolsun has also served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Seven For All Mankind, LLC, and Kate Spade, LLC.
- Author(s)Guillermo C. Jimenez
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFairchild Books
- Content Note16 bw illus
- Weight677 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBarbara Kolsun,Guillermo C. Jimenez
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.