All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $17.63
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
About this product
- DescriptionGet to kw the women who've wielded the power of fashion and brought about change with this illustrated biography that features twenty-five of history's most influential fashion icons. Throughout time, daring women have made fashion choices that have altered the course of history. From Marie Antoinette, who wore a hairstyle as large as her presence, to Coco Chanel, who imagined a world without rib crushing corsets and heavy gowns, to Katharine Hepburn, who walked around the studio in her underwear when studio executives refused to let her wear her then-scandalous jeans, these women were mavericks as well as rebellious icons. Their fashion choices mirrored and redefined what it meant to be a woman in their era. They didn't follow trends or cultural conventions, but instead set the course with their own style. Their brave and inventive fashion choices paved the way for female empowerment. Featuring hairstyle tips, DIY projects, inspiration boards that break down each icon's style, and illustrated timelines that cover the evolution of pants, skirts, the little black dress, and more, Fashion Rebels: Style Icons Who Changed the World through Fashion invites readers to treat fashion as an act of fearless creativity--and even become fashion trailblazers themselves.
- Author BiographyCarlyn Cerniglia Beccia is the award-winning author and illustrator of three children s nonfiction books: Raucous Royals, Who Put the B in the Ballyhoo, and I Feel Better With a Frog in My Throat. She has received the Golden Kite Honor, the Cybil Award, and the International Reading Association s Children s and Young Adult Book Award. She teaches digital painting throughout the United States and is the author of the bestselling Digital Painting for the Complete Beginner. She lives north of Boston. You can find out more via her website at CarylnBeccia.com.
- Author(s)Carlyn Cerniglia Beccia
- PublisherBeyond Words Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationOR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintBeyond Words Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width206 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Carlyn Cerniglia Beccia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.