All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1999 and w fully revised and updated, Fashion is a photographic celebration that surveys all the preeminent couturiers and fashion houses from the era before the Great War through the revolutionary changes wrought by the Jazz Age and the Swinging Sixties to designers at work today. Everything is included in this authoritative volume, from Chanel's little black dress to the latest Prada or envelope-pushing boutiques.What distinguishes Fashion from other overviews or histories of the subject is that it also examines the ancillary driving forces that have propelled fashion trends and fuelled the rise of styles. In many ways, this book makes clear that these supposedly secondary influences (fashion editors, advertising, newspapers, magazines, department stores, boutiques) became increasingly important during the course of the twentieth century. Included in the book are overviews of key figures in the fashion industry and design community.
- Author BiographyFrancois Baudot is one of France's leading writers and commentators on fashion and style.
- Author(s)Francois Baudot
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication08/08/2006
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1032 g
- Width153 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.