Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
- AU $17.16+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFashion Today is a kaleidoscopic, colourful and provocative survey of the fashion world, from the introduction of Dior's New Look in 1947 to the present day. This book is a thematic overview of fashion in the widest sense imaginable, ranging from haute couture to street-style, from the one-off to the mass market. It illustrates, with elegance and flair, just how vital and everlasting a part fashion has played in reflecting and influencing twentieth-century attitudes: from the sexual revolution and rise of popular culture in the 1960s to the consumerism of the 1980s and 90s. Fashion Today places current fashion t only in the contexts of youth, sexuality, fetishism, exoticism and historicism, but also in the contexts of previous fashion movements. It demonstrates dynamically that fashion reflects t only its surroundings and its subjects but ultimately itself. Aesthetically and intellectually stimulating, this volume is a must-have for anyone who has even the vaguest interest in any aspect of the fashion world today. Its breadth of scope and depth of insight are unprecedented.
- Author BiographyColin McDowell is a fashion historian and Senior Fashion Writer for The Sunday Times. He is the author of many books on the subject, including Literary Companion to Fashion (1995) and Galliano (1997).
- Author(s)Colin McDowell
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2003
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note550 illustrations, (500 colour ) biographies, chronology, bibliog , index
- Weight3447 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.