All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionOf all the riches of the sixteenth-century European bleman, ne spoke more powerfully of his heroism, wealth and taste than his armour, clothing and weapons. Drawing on the V&A's popular arms and armour collection, Angus Patterson looks at the suits designed to kill, protect and impress. From parade suits, lavishly embossed and gilded, decorated with plumes of ostrich feathers and draped with colourful silk sashes to swords, daggers, pistols and gunpowder flasks slung from elaborate belts, detailed new photography alongside paintings and sculpture bring medieval and renaissance fashion to life.
- Author BiographyAngus Patterson is Curator of European Arms and Armour and Base Metals at the V&A, responsible for collections of armour, weapons, pewter, brass, cutlery, cut steel, Sheffield Plate and electrotypes. He publishes and lectures regularly, and is editor of the Journal of the Antique Metalware Society.
- Author(s)Angus Patterson
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width210 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.