All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFor as long as we've been dressing ourselves, we've been adorning ourselves with embellishments for ears, hands, wrists, waist and fingers. And as fashion trends evolve, so do trends in jewellery. Here jewellery expert Carol Woolton demonstrates how the worlds of fashion and jewelry have become increasingly integrated over the last century. From the corset-bound silhouettes of the turn of the century, with their elegant drop earrings and delicate chokers, to the free-flowing kaftans of the 1970s, adorned with chunky, earthy bangles and beads- major trends and designers are featured in double-page spreads that offer endlessly fascinating and informative texts and illustrations. Profiles of icons from Coco Chanel and Harry Winston to Princess Diana and Michelle Obama reveal the interplay of personality and history in the world of fashion. And as jewellery from Chanel, Boucheron, Van Cleef & Arpels and others was shown for the first time alongside haute couture in this year's Paris Fashion Week, Woolton explores how brands have made the most of this trend. Gorgeous photography from the archives of Conde Nast, Sotheby's, and many fine jewellers bring precious metal and twinkling gems to glorious life on the pages of this book.
- Author BiographyCarol Woolton is jewellery editor of British 'Vogue' and a leading international authority on jewellery. Previously she was 'Tatler' Magazine's first jewellery editor. She has written widely on antique and contemporary jewellery for 'The Times', 'The Financial Times' and 'Art Quarterly'.
- Author(s)Carol Woolton
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note250
- Weight1197 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.