Fast Minds: How to Thrive If You Have ADHD (or Think You Might) by Craig Surman, Tim Bilkey (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFAST MINDS is an acronym for common symptoms that are often seen in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Millions of adults have ADHD or some of its traits, but they are under-recognized, under-treated, and often under-supported. This book empowers people with ADHD, or some of its characteristics, to adapt and thrive. By working through the program in this book, you will develop personalized strategies to take control of your life.Forgetful. Achieving below potential. Stuck in a rut. Time challenged.Motivationally challenged. Impulsive. Novelty seeking. Distractible. Scattered. If any or all of these symptoms are making it difficult for you--or someone you kw--to live life to the fullest, then the clinically proven, cutting-edge program in this book will help you understand your struggles and challenges. Whether you have been diagsed with ADHD, think you may have it, or just exhibit many of these traits, FAST MINDS will help you: Figure out what isn't working in your life, and the keys to fixing it.Build personalized strategies for managing your time, tasks, and relationships.Learn organizational habits that work for you.Stop communicating poorly, making impulsive choices and taking pointless risks.Eliminate negative thinking patterns that waste your mental energy.Create environments that support your challenges.Make the most of both medical and nmedical resources (medication, coaching, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness, support groups, lifestyle change). With inspiring stories of real people who have adapted and thrived using the methods in this book, FAST MINDS will help you create the kind of life you want to live.
- Author BiographyCraig Surman, M.D., is an expert on ADHD in adulthood. He is an assistant professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and scientific coordinator for the internationally recognized Adult ADHD Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital. Tim Bilkey, M.D., is a physician specializing in adult ADHD, having completed more than thirty-four hundred assessments. He is an international presenter and has produced two films on ADHD. He started one of the world's first ADHD clinics for women. In 2009, he developed a nationally accredited educational program for the rapid recognition of ADHD in adults called FAST MINDS. Karen Weintraub is an award-winning journalist and a freelance health writer for the Boston Globe, USA Today, and other publications. Ms. Weintraub also teaches journalism at the Harvard Extension School and Boston University. Her first book, The Autism Revolution, was also published by Harvard Health Publications.
- Author(s)Craig Surman,Tim Bilkey
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.