All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $11.61Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $18.60Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Natal Hyptherapy Pregnancy Relaxation CD provides mums with a gentle way to develop their own relaxation skills to learn effective breathing techniques and to become more focused on having a positive healthy pregnancy. This Pregnancy Relaxation CD is also part of the Natal Hyptherapy Programme for TWINS which won the Pregnancy Product of the Year and also voted for Practical Parenting's editor's award. If you are a lucky mum-to-be of more than one baby, you may sometimes feel a bit left out as most books and information refer to mother and baby as opposed to mother and babies! As a result, and based on feedback from mothers who have used our regular CDs, we have re-made them specifically for mums who have more than one baby.
- Author BiographyMaggie Howell Founder of Natal Hypnotherapy Having learnt self-hypnosis while pregnant, to help with the birth of her first child, Maggie Howell went on to give birth to her eldest son, Joseph, at home in a relaxed and comfortable environment: When Maggie first mentioned that she was going to use self-hypnosis for her first labour, I was sceptical as to whether she would be able to achieve this. During her labour I was happy to be proved wrong. Her ability to remain relaxed, totally in control, yet fully communicative throughout the experience was impressive. Judy Aitkin, NHS midwife. Ria Haydon, NHS midwife agrees: Maggie's demeanour was calm. She appeared to be 'sleeping' during most of her contractions, breathing slightly more deeply as they peaked. She used no pharmacological methods of pain relief and conducted her labour and delivery entirely under self-hypnosis. She appeared to experience no pain and very little discomfort throughout. The midwives were so impressed with the effects that they asked Maggie to talk to local antenatal clinics about her experiences. Maggie then decided to give up a successful career in the events and conference industry and train to be a Clinical Hypnotherapist. The aim then, and now, was to use the power of hypnosis to help women overcome their fear of birth and enable them to be more in control and manage the physical sensations involved in child birth. Maggie developed the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs as a result of her research and hypnotherapy work with individual mothers and antenatal groups. She has since used the techniques herself for the births of her second and third son. Maggie is a Doula (trained birth companion) and currently works with midwives, antenatal groups and hospitals running workshops and classes. She also runs 'effective birth preparation' courses for couples teaching them how to use hypnosis for an instinctive birth as well as training workshops for birth professionals. Cont/... -2- Maggie Howell Media Experience * TV - This Morning, London Tonight and The Baby Channel * Radio - BBC Radio 2, Woman's Hour, BBC London, BBC Solent, County Sound, Radio Leeds, Radio Belfast, Radio Dublin * National newspapers - The Guardian, Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Mirror, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Express * Articles/comments written for magazines - Prima Baby, Mother & Baby, I'm Pregnant, NCT New Generation, Flying Start, ABC, The Mother Magazine, Doula UK Newsletter, Boots Parent * Speaking appearances - Birth Professional Training at Royal Surrey Hospital, Hull Regional Midwives Conference, National Childminding Association Conference, Parent Craft workshops at Basingstoke Hospital, attachment parenting groups and home birth groups * Resident expert - Maggie is the natural birth expert for the Pregnancy & Birth magazine Maggie is also currently writing a book 'Calmer Birth, Calmer Baby' which will cover key areas including: Hypnotherapy (clinical and natal); birth preparation; doula; breastfeeding; baby sign language; communication skills; attachment parenting; co sleeping and instinctive parenting.
- Author(s)Maggie Howell
- PublisherNatal Hypnotherapy
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleNatal Hypnotherapy Programme S.
- Place of PublicationBordon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNatal Hypnotherapy
- Weight84 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Running Time27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.