All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2015 Midwest Book Award for Historical Fiction. An inspiring story everyone should kw...and will never forget! Based on historical fact, this captivating vel tells the story of the legendary Edith Cavell, a British nurse whose duties as a healer clashed with the demands of a ruthless occupying regime during World War I. At the request of a brilliant, hot-headed surgeon, Edith went from London to Brussels to create Belgium's first school of nursing. At the height of her success, the German army marched into neutral Belgium and took over her hospital and school. Kwing the dangers of working against the repressive and brutal control of the German occupiers, Edith joined the Resistance movement. Her life was then plunged into the dangerous and clandestine world of the Belgian Underground, where she became a key link in the rescuing of Allied soldiers separated from their units. For nine months, this quiet, religious nurse went about saving over a thousand soldiers under the very ses of the German command. Patriotism is t eugh. - Edith Cavell This book is the British edition of Fatal Decision: Edith Cavell WWI Nurse by Terri Arthur.
- Author(s)Terri Arthur
- PublisherHenschelhaus Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenschelhaus Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.