All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn March 1907, the lives of three remarkable people collided at a New York City brownstone where Mary Mallon worked as a cook. They were brought together by typhoid fever, a dreaded scourge that killed tens of thousands of Americans each year. Fatal Fever: Tracking Down Typhoid Mary is the first middle-grade trade book that tells the true story of the woman who unwittingly spread deadly bacteria, the epidemiologist who discovered her trail of infection, and the health department that decided her fate. This gripping story follows this tragic disease as it shatters lives from the early twentieth century to today. It will keep readers on the edges of the seats wondering what happened to Mary and the incent typhoid victims. With glossary, timeline, list of well-kwn typhoid sufferers and victims, further resource section, author's te, and source tes.
- Author BiographyGail Jarrow's nonfiction books have received numerous awards and distinctions, including a YALSA Award Nomination, Orbis Pictus Recommended Book, National Science Teachers Association Recommended Book, Kirkus Reviews Best Book, and a VOYA Honor Book. Fatal Fever is her sixth book for Calkins Creek.
- Author(s)Gail Jarrow
- PublisherCalkins Creek
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCalkins Creek
- Content NoteB&W photos
- Weight871 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Reading AgeFrom 4
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $46.35
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $38.01Trending at AU $44.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.