All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback, a true story as spellbinding and harrowing as The Perfect Storm, marvel- ous and terrifying (Los AngelesTimes)--published to heraldthe arrival of Tougias's new hardcover, The Finest Hours. On the morning of November 21, 1980, two small boats set out for Georges Bank, a lucrative but perilous lobster fishing ground off the coast of Cape Cod. The National Weather Service had forecast typical fall weather, and the young, rugged crewmen aboard the Sea Fever and the Fair Wind had reason to expect that this trip would be any different from the dozens they'd made earlier in the season. But the only weather buoy in the area was malfunctioning, and the National Weather Service had failed to reveal this critical detail. And as the two small boats headed out to sea, a colossal storm was brewing to the southeast, a furious maelstrom that would batter the boats with sixty-foot waves and hurricane-force winds. A true story of catastrophe and survival at sea, this is a vivid moment-by-moment account of seventy-two hours in the lives of eight young fishermen. Most amazing is the story of Ernie Hazzard, who spent more than fifty terrifying hours adrift on the stormy open sea. Gripping and heart-pounding, Fatal Forecast is an unfor- gettable true story about the collision of two spectacular forces: the brutality of nature and the human will to survive.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Tougias is an award-winning author of anumber of books, including Ten Hours Until Dawn: TheTrue Story of Heroism and Tragedy Aboard the Can Do. Heis a much sought after lecturer and gives more than seventy presentations a year.
- Author(s)Michael J Tougias
- PublisherScribner Book Company
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScribner Book Company
- Content Notemaps, black & white plates
- Weight236 g
- Width151 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.