All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection by rewned photographer, Francis Browne SJ, portays both the photographer's vision and the city's energy as it changes during the first half of the twentieth century. Father Browne focuses on the people of Dublin, at work, at play and watching the world go by. This is a city of children, window shoppers, churchgoers, canals, bridges, trams and trains. Grand houses and tenements, middle classes and poor, industry and hospitals, all catch the photographer's eye. Father Browne's Dublin is a treasure of images, a collection of outstanding photographs, full of wisdom, humour, stalgia, artistry, information and record. Both Dubliners and the many, many visitors to Ireland's capital city will find here a collection that brings the Dublin of the last century back to life.
- Author BiographyFr Eddie O'Donnell SJ discovered the long forgotten archive of Fr Browne's photographs in 1985. He has curated and promoted the collection ever since and is the author of over 20 books of Father Browne's photographs.
- PublisherMessenger Publications
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- Place of PublicationDublin 2
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintMessenger Publications
- Content Note96 b/w photographs
- Width240 mm
- Height195 mm
- Edited byE. E. O'Donnell
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.