All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFather Involvement in Canada brings together almost two dozen leading scholars of fatherhood issues to examine the roles of Canadian fathers. They look at the experiences of fathers from many angles, considering different ages, ethnicities, marital statuses, gender partnering, and ecomic brackets, and examining issues such as the impact of poverty, access to paternity leave, and the availability of support from social institutions. By co-considering these dimensions and viewpoints, the contributors bring to light interlocking individual, familial, and socio-ecomic systems in which fathers are embedded. National in scope, Father Involvement in Canada is the first book to summarize and challenge current scholarship on Canadian fatherhood and offer new concepts, theoretical frameworks, and research directions.
- Author BiographyJessica Ball is a professor in the School of Child and Youth Care at the University of Victoria. Kerry Daly is the dean of the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences at the University of Guelph. Contributors: James W. Allen, Sarah Allen, Nicholas Bala, John Beaton, Leslie Brown, Marilyn Callahan, Lena Dominelli, Andrea Doucet, Linda Hawkins, John Hoffman, Heather L. Lawford, Elizabeth Manning, Katherine Marshall, Lindsey McKay, Ted McNeill, David Nicholas, Michael W. Pratt, Zenaida R. Ravanera, Susan Strega, Chris Walmsley, Lisa Wenger, and Denise L. Whitehead.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note16 tables
- Weight408 g
- Edited byJessica Ball,Kerry Daly
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.