Father for Life: A Journey of Joy, Challenge, and Change by Armin A. Brott (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.40+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there have been many books about child development and motherhood, precious little has been written about how fathers change and develop as parents or about how children influence their fathers' development. Yet most fathers kw that a man who's just found out that his wife is expecting is a very different kind of man from the one he'll be when he holds his newborn in his arms for the first time. And that same dad will have changed again - psychologically and emotionally - by the time his baby speaks for the first time. Fathers evolve and develop throughout every stage of their children's lives - from the preschool and elementary school years through the tumultuous teens, young adulthood, middle age, grandfather years, and beyond. But matter what the child's age, a father is always a father. In this ground-breaking book, Armin Brott presents the stages of fatherhood with the same thoroughness, accessibility, and humor that have made his critically acclaimed books the most popular fatherhood guides in the country. He offers a wealth of information and practical tips, incorporating the wisdom of experts, studies about parental development, and his own extensive interviews with hundreds of fathers. Because fatherhood is a progression, the chapters are organized chrologically and describe a father's physical and emotional growth, how he influences a child at every age, and how a child impacts a father's evolution in turn. Brott covers everything from such general issues as how to juggle work and family roles, how to affect the kind of person your child becomes, and when to encourage his individuality and independence to such specific topics as how to get to kw your baby, what to do if your teen uses drugs, and how to cope when adult children return home. Illustrated throughout with New Yorker style cartoons that underscore the universality of the joys and woes of parenting, Father for Life is brimming with insights and advice, and is an indispensable, lifelong guide - t only for every dad, but for every mom and child as well.
- Author BiographyArmin A. Brott, author of The Expectant Father, The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the First Year, The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the Toddler Years, and The Single Father: A Dad's Guide to Parenting Without a Partner, has written on fatherhood for The New York Times Magazine, Newsweek, The Washington Post, American Baby magazine, and Parenting magazine. He hosts a weekly radio show on parenting and lives with his family in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Armin A. Brott
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/09/2003
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Note35 ill.
- Weight651 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.