Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of fathers and fatherhood, this anthology features the richly varied voices of sons and daughters, and of fathers and grandfathers themselves. From eleventh-century, Chinese poet Su Tung-p'o's witty On the Birth of His Son to Dylan Thomas' poignant Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night ; from Sylvia Plath's searing poem Daddy to Yeats' tender A prayer for My Daughter ; from Homer to Seamus Heaney, from Shakespeare to Milosz, the poets and poems collected here range across cultures and centuries, and deal with every facet of the father-child relationship from birth to death and beyond. Gratitude, tenderness and awe infuse some of the poems. Others express anger or sorrow. Many are moving tributes to the first man in a child's life. And each one conveys the profound nature of fatherhood.
- Author(s)Carmela Ciuraru
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight228 g
- Width110 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.