All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhillip is a boringly rmal man, a computer geek, more functional with logic than with people and their illogical problems. When a sequence of murders takes place in his east London neighborhood he feels linked to them. Unsettling visions possess him, hurling him into a mental breakdown, his decline encouraged by his son, a repellant and menacing presence lurking at the margins of Phillip's life. Simultaneously, the crime detective, the careworn Spencer, yields to a bizarre relationship with his superior officer. Her attitude towards both the case and Spencer verges on the merciless and feeds off the gruesome crimes they are trying to solve. Fathering Sin turns the usual ideas of life and death on their heads.
- Author BiographyBrian wrote his first novel at the age of 7 for his Uncle Joe, and has now written 7 more, which are longer than the first one and a little more sophisticated. His home is in the California Bay Area, he has lived in London, Madrid and Edinburgh, and he has traveled widely and unwisely. He has authored a number of marketing publications, which have benefited from his fiction writing skills and his existential sense of the absurd. Some of his short stories, including works for which he has won awards, are published in 'No man is an island' available from Amazon.
- Author(s)Brian Staff
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlison J MacMillan
- Illustrator(s)Alison J MacMillan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.