Fathering Your Toddler: A Dad's Guide to the Second and Third Years by Armin A. Brott (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt what age should you introduce your child to computers? When and how should you go about drawing up a will? The day your child starts preschool, how will you cope with the pangs of adult separation anxiety? The answers to these questions and hundreds more are found in the pages of this information-packed volume. Author Armin Brott devotes a chapter to every three months of the second and third years. In each chapter, Brott charts the physical, intellectual, verbal, and emotional changes the child is going through and examines the emotional and psychological developments the father may be experiencing. He discusses issues that may develop between fathers and their partners as well as matters that involve the whole family. In addition, each chapter contains a section called You and Your Child, in which activities and issues appropriate to the given age are discussed. New topics in this revised and expanded edition cover the latest research on child development, including brain growth. There is more advice for dads who are older, single, or in the military; fathers of preemies and multiples; stepfathers; and stay-at-home dads. This new edition adds information on a wide range of subjects, from helping a child grieve over the loss of a relative or a pet to health and safety issues to care of special-needs children. Incorporating the author's and other fathers' personal experiences, as well as the advice of top researchers in the field, and illustrated throughout with delightful New Yorker-style cartoons underscoring the universality of the joys and woes of parenting, A Dad's Guide to the Toddler Years is an essential sourcebook for every dad. It's certain to give every mom helpful insights as well.
- Author BiographyArmin A. Brott has devoted the last 15 years to providing men with the tools, support, and knowledge to help them become the fathers they want to be----and their families need them to be. His seven critically acclaimed books for fathers have sold well over a million copies. Titles include The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be and The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the First Year. He has written on fatherhood for hundreds of newspapers and magazines and is a frequent guest on such television programs as the Today Show. He also writes a nationally syndicated newspaper column (Ask Mr. Dad), and hosts a syndicated radio show (Positive Parenting). He lives with his family in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Armin A. Brott
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication09/06/2005
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleNew Father Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteill
- Weight582 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.