All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last twenty years it has become recognized that fathers play a crucial role in child development and subsequent adult status and behaviour. This book presents the state-of-the-art on fathering and its determinants. Based on original research into the effects that different styles of fathering can have on children, it explores the long and short terms outcomes of involved fathering on different domains of children's lives, including academic achievement, mental health, socio-ecomic status, adolescent relationships and delinquency.
- Author BiographyDr. Eirini Flouri is Deputy Director of the Centre for Research into Parenting and Children, University of Oxford, and Lecturer in Statistics, St. Hilda's College. Her main research area has been, broadly speaking, life-course development, and more specifically parenting (looking at fathering, in particular, since 2000) and child development in the long term. She has published in the area of economic psychology and especially economic socialisation and consumer values, children's resilience and recovery from emotional and behavioral problems, and children's outcomes associated with father involvement.
- Author(s)Eirini Flouri
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.