Fatherless Women: How We Change After We Lose Our Dads by Clea Simon (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElegant prose ...sheds new light on the father-daughter dynamic -Boston magazine Praise for Fatherless WOMEN If it can be said about a book on loss, Fatherless Women is a pleasure to read. Clea Simon is a warm, honest, intelligent, and trustworthy guide, t only for grieving women but for the men who support them. Simon's insights about father-daughter relationships are profound. -Neil Chethik, author of FatherLoss Clea Simon deepens our understanding of the complicated emotions daughters feel about fathers, both during life and especially after death. This book will help heal rifts and set stuck energies free. -Beth Witrogen McLeod, author of Caregiving: The Spiritual Journey of Love, Loss, and Renewal Unusually candid and often provocative ...Simon's book is immensely thought-provoking about a topic that all of us will face. -Pauline Boss, Ph.D., author of Ambiguous Loss: Learning to Live with Unresolved Grief There is a special bond between a father and a daughter, and when that bond is broken by death, a woman's life can change in profound and unexpected ways. Clea Simon, critically acclaimed author of Mad House, explores this crucial meeting point of grief and growth by delving into her own experience and those of other women to paint an illuminating portrait of the father-daughter relationship and its lifelong ramifications. Filled with moving stories of real women, this poignant, comforting, and insightful book paves the way for all women to make peace with the past, with the adults they have become, and to courageously face the question: what happens next?
- Author BiographyCLEA SIMON writes a weekly column for the Boston Globe and is also the author of Mad House: Growing Up in the Shadow of Mentally Ill Siblings and The Feline Mystique: On the Mysterious Connection Between Women and Cats. A former public radio correspondent, she has appeared on MSNBC, Fox, and PBS, and regularly contributes to the New York Times and various magazines.
- Author(s)Clea Simon
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication13/09/2002
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight316 g
- Width160 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.