All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionIn the literary tradition of such dystopian vels as 1984, Animal Farm, Brave New World, Children of Men, A Clockwork Orange, The Handmaids Tale, Left Behind and The Hunger Games comes a futuristic fiction series which uncovers how present trends that will impact families in the t-too-distant future. In the first in the series, Fatherless, the 2040 census confirms an ecomic crisis caused by an aging population, intensifying underlying tensions between opposing cultural agendas. Julia Davidson, an award-winning journalist who is estranged from her Breeder friends, seeks to regain her former journalistic glory by reporting on this growing crisis. But doing so makes her an unwitting pawn in a larger plot. An outspoken critic of the values her friends embrace, Julia finds herself inexplicably attracted to the mysterious beauty they embody. Julia is also troubled by recurring nightmares that seem to have something to do with her absent father. She finds herself drawn to the quiet strength of a single man she meets while attending her friend's church. To resolve the growing conflicts in her life, Julia faces choices that weigh personal and professional survival against an uncertain, dangerous future.
- Author BiographyJames Dobson is the founder and chairman emeritus of Focus on the Family and currently president and radio host of Family Talk, his internationally syndicated radio program heard on over 800 radio stations by millions of people every day. Dr. Dobson is also the author of over thirty books with 40,000,000 plus sold. He lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado with his wife, Shirley. Kurt Bruner is the best-selling author of more than fifteen books. For twenty years, Kurt worked at Focus on the Family where he served as Group Vice President over films, books, drama and other media. Kurt is president of HomePointe Inc., a network of churches driving home-centered faith formation. Kurt and his wife, Olivia, have been married for twenty-seven years and have four children. They live in Rockwall, Texas.
- Author(s)James Dobson,Kurt Bruner
- PublisherTime Warner Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date27/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.