All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.86Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
About this product
- DescriptionIvan Turgenev's Fathers and Sons explores generational differences and their tragic consequences. The story centers around Arkady and Bazarov, two young men who return home from college to a world that has remained static. They have changed but must w redefine old relationships, both their friendship with one ather and their relationships with their fathers. The main conflict of the vel is between the nihilistic Bazarov, who espouses a strictly materialistic attitude toward life, and Pavel Petrovich Kirsav, an uncle of Arkady's, who upholds the aristocratic tradition in the face of Bazarov's ridicule. Fathers and Sons originally aroused controversy in Russia, with both radicals and conservatives disturbed by the portrait of Bazarov - an energetic, cynical, and self-assured nihilist who repudiates the romanticism of his elders.
- Author BiographyIvan Sergeyevich Turgenev (1818 - 1883) was a Russian novelist, short story writer, and playwright. His novel Fathers and Sons (1862) is regarded as one of the major works of 19th-century fiction.
- Author(s)Ivan Turgenev
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.