All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter almost a hundred years, the cholesterol-heart disease hypothesis has failed to lead to better health and reduced heart disease. In this book, the author argues that cholesterol is undoubtedly associated with the formation of plaque in the arteries (atherosclerosis), but t as a cause but rather as a healing response to vessel damage. The opening chapters of the book discuss the various roles played by fats and cholesterol in the body, with particular emphasis on their antimicrobial and antiviral effects, and their positive influence on oral health. Systematically, the author examines the relationship of dietary fat to the immune system, and the role it plays in cancer. He then discusses the theories of how the buildup of plaque in the arteries (atherosclerosis) begins, and how inflammation and infection are implicated in its development - thus debunking the cholesterol-heart disease hypothesis.While much of the information presented here comes from the author's own work, much of it has been published in scientific journals and books for decades but is rarely made available to the public. The author argues that the reason why laymen, doctors, and most scientists have been misled into believing the cholesterol-heart disease hypothesis is because opposing and disagreeing results are systematically igred or misquoted in the scientific press.
- Author BiographyJon J. Kabara is an emeritus professor at Michigan State University (MSU), where he helped establish the College of Osteopathic Medicine. A consultant to industry and government, he has been granted more than 16 U.S. and foreign patents. He lives in Lakewood Ranch, FL.
- Author(s)Jon J. Kabara
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.