All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust is a tragic play. It was published in two parts: Faust: der Tragodie erster Teil (translated as: Faust: The Tragedy Part One) and Faust: der Tragodie zweiter Teil (Faust: The Tragedy Part Two). The play is a closet drama, meaning that it is meant to be read rather than performed. It is Goethe's most famous work and considered by many to be one of the greatest works of German literature.
- Author BiographyJohann Wolfgang von Goethe (28 August 1749 - 22 March 1832) was a German writer and according to George Eliot, Germany's greatest man of letters... and the last true polymath to walk the earth. Goethe's works span the fields of poetry, drama, literature, theology, humanism and science. Goethe's magnum opus, lauded as one of the peaks of world literature, is the two-part drama Faust. Goethe's other well-known literary works include his numerous poems, the Bildungsroman Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship and the epistolary novel The Sorrows of Young Werther.
- Author(s)Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- PublisherClassic Books Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClassic Books Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.