All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
About this product
- DescriptionMaori myths and legends have an important role in transmitting and regenerating traditional kwledge. Yet as Ross Calman points out in his introduction to this new edition, they are also simply great yarns - reflective of a time when telling and listening to stories was a key leisure activity in Maori society. Favourite Maori Legends is an invitation to enjoy over 30 of the most memorable legends, grouped into themes of the spirit world, patupaiarehe (ghosts), taniwha, supernatural creatures, heroes and deeds of daring. Concise yet complete, these gripping stories are enlivened by the timeless illustrations of Roger Hart.
- Author BiographyA.W. Reed (1908-1979) was one of New Zealand's most influential writers and publishers. He helped build A.H. & A.W. Reed into the country's leading publisher by the mid-twentieth century, and authored more than 200 books. His works on Maori mythology have served New Zealanders for several generations. Ross Calman (Ngati Raukawa, Ngati Toa, Kai Tahu) is a highly respected author and editor; his works include the revised Reed Book of Maori Mythology and Reed Book of Maori Exploration, along with several Maori-English dictionaries. Ross lives in Wellington with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)A. W. Reed
- PublisherOratia Media
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationAuckland, N.Z.
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintLibro International
- Content NoteBlack and white
- Weight260 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byRoss Calman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.