All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce you've discovered your strengths, you need to discover something else: your strengths can work against you. Many leaders kw this on some intuitive level, and they see it in others. But they don't see it as clearly in themselves. Mainly, they think of leadership development as working on their weaknesses. No wonder. The tools used to assess managers are t equipped to pick up on overplayed strengths when more is t better. Nationally recognized leadership experts Bob Kaplan and Rob Kaiser have conducted thousands of assessments of senior executives designed to determine when their strengths serve them well versus betray them. In this groundbreaking book, they draw on their data and practical experience to identify four fundamental leadership qualities, each positive in and of itself but each of which, if overemphasized, can seriously compromise your effectiveness. Most leaders, they've found, are lopsided they favor certain qualities to the exclusion of others without realizing it. The trick is to keep all four in balance. Fear Your Strengths provides tools to help you become aware of your leadership leanings and excesses and provides insights for combatting the mindset that encourages them. It offers a practical psychology of leadership, a better way for leaders to calibrate their performance so that you can make sure your strengths don't overpower you but rather move you and your organization forward.
- Author BiographyBob Kaplan is the founder of Kaplan Devries, which was established in 1992 to specialize in consulting and research on executive. He began consulting to executives and conducting research on leadership development in the early 1980s at the Center for Creative Leadership. He is the coauthor of The Versatile Leader and author of many articles as well as two commercial 360 instruments: SKILLscope for Managers and, along with Rob Kaiser, the Leadership Versatility Index. Bob has a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Yale University. Rob Kaiser is a partner at Kaplan Devries with over 100 publications and presentations on leadership, executive selection and development, and performance measurement. He is co-author with Bob Kaplan of The Versatile Leader and a co-developer of the Leadership Versatility Index. Rob also coaches individual managers and their teams. Prior to joining Kaplan DeVries, Rob was at the Center for Creative Leadership. Rob has an M.S. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from Illinois State University. The Center for Creative Leadership is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education. Founded in 1970, it annually serves more than 20,000 individuals and 2,000 organizations including more than 80 of the Fortune 100 companies across the public, private, nonprofit and education sectors.
- Author(s)Robert B. Kaiser,Robert E. Kaplan
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width58 mm
- Height89 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.