About this product
- DescriptionIn this provocative book, America's Superintendent, John Kuhn lays bare the scare tactics at the root of the modern school reform movement. Kuhn conveys a deeply held passion for the mission and promise of public education through his own experience as a school administrator in Texas. When his Alamo Letter first appeared in the Washington Post , it galvanised the educational community in a call to action that was impossible to igre. This powerful book requires us to question whether the current education crisis will be judged by history as a legitimate national emergency or an agenda-driven panic, spurred on by a media that is, for the most part, uninterested in anything but useless soundbites.
- Author BiographyJohn Kuhn is a public school administrator in Texas and a vocal advocate for public education. His Alamo Letter and YouTube videos of his 2011 speech at a Save Texas Schools rally went viral, as did his 2012 essay, The Exhaustion of the American Teacher.
- Author(s)John Kuhn
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching for Social Justice Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Weight227 g
- Width171 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byDiane Ravitch
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.