All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $12.90Free postage
- AU $15.78Free postage
- AU $18.99Was:AU $24.99
About this product
- Description'We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like, I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive ... ' Hunter S. Thompson is roaring down the desert highway to Las Vegas with his attorney, the Samoan, to find the dark side of the American Dream. Armed with a drug arsenal of stupendous proportions, the duo engage in a surreal succession of chemically enhanced confrontations with casi operators, police officers and assorted Middle Americans. This stylish reissue of Hunter S. Thompson's iconic masterpiece, a controversial bestseller when it appeared in 1971, features the brilliant Ralph Steadman illustrations of the original. It brings to a new generation the hallucinatory humour and nightmare terror of Hunter S. Thompson's musings on the collapse of the American Dream.
- Author BiographyHunter S. Thompson was born in Louisville, Kentucky in 1937 and died in Colorado in 2005. A full-time writer and journalist, he contributed regularly to a wide variety of publications, but is probably best known for his work as National Affairs correspondent for 'Rolling Stone', in which 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' and 'Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72' originally appeared. 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' has been made into a major film, directed by Terry Gilliam and starring Johnny Depp. Ralph Steadman is one of Britain's best-known cartoonists and illustrators. His books include 'I, Leonardo' and the bestselling illustrated 'Animal Farm'.
- Author(s)Hunter S. Thompson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/04/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHarper Perennial Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight170 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ralph Steadman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- brroy03 Feb, 2013by
Awesome Product, Great Book.
Book is a classic, definitely worth a read. Amazing writing and great story. Classic Hunter S. Thompson. Nothing more genuine than this. Nazi's, allegories, and radical journalism.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.