All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ancient people of Israel and contemporary Western society share a preoccupation with the idea of leadership. In this perceptive and engaging book, David Runcorn reveals just how deeply one world can speak to the other. The story of 1 and 2 Samuel opens with a woman weeping. But grief is often the precursor of change, and the answering of Hannah's prayer is revealed in her song as a prophetic sign of God's ways in all the world. As the author then helps us reflect on various revealing episodes, time and again, he enables us to trace the true presence of God in the words, actions or faithful endurance of people on the edge of the 'main' script. And, he suggests, it is in the kind of honest, disciplined attentiveness they display, that the greatest hope for leadership will be found today.
- Author BiographyHaving worked as a parish priest and in theological training and development, David Runcorn is now a full time 'free range priest'. He writes, offers spiritual direction, and acts as a consultant and trainer in areas of spiritual formation, vocational development and Christian ministry. A well-known conference speaker and retreat leader, David is the author of several books, including Choice Desire and the Will of God, Spirituality Workbook, and The Road to Growth Less Travelled.
- Author(s)David Runcorn
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight173 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.