All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this vel from esteemed political writer Tariq Ali, a father, Vlady, loses his job when he refuses to reunce socialist beliefs in the newly unified Germany - and as a result wants to explain to his alienated son what their family's long and passionate involvement with communism has really meant. The story he tells is of Ludwik, a Polish secret agent, and Gertrude, Vlady's mother, whose desire for Ludwik is matched only by her devotion to the communist ideal. As the plot unfolds through the political upheavals of the twentieth century, Vlady describes the hopes aroused by the Bolshevik revolution and discovers the almost unbearable truth about the family's betrayal. Written with deep political insight and sensitivity, Fear of Mirrors relates the extraordinary history of Central Europe from the perspective of those on the other side of the cold war.
- Author BiographyTariq Ali is a writer, filmmaker, and a longtime political activist and campaigner. He has written over a dozen books on world history and politics, including The Clash of Fundamentalisms, Bush in Babylon, Rough Music, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Axis of Hope, as well as five novels and scripts for both stage and screen.
- Author(s)Tariq Ali
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleSeagull World Literature
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Weight676 g
- Width159 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.