All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- Description'Fearsome Passages' is an anthology of David Rainsbury's articles previously published in the Yachting Press. Each covers a channel or harbour entrance that is torious for having difficult tide and current conditions. Covering torious tidal areas, mostly on the rth and west side of the British Isles and in Brittany, David Rainsbury discusses the best way to handle each of these fearsome passages, relating to his own experiences aboard Piper. Fascinating reading and also full of sound practical advise, 'Fearsome Passages' is an important companion for anyone visiting these treacherous corners of the British Isles and Brittany. David Rainsbury is an Ocean Yachtmaster with over thirty years sailing experience. Since 1998 he has sailed single-handed around Britain, Ireland and Western Europe, from Bergen to the Loire. His yacht, Piper, is a Contessa 26 and is based in the Menai Strait in North Wales. He prefers coastal sailing to the open reaches of the oceans, enjoying the challenges of intricate pilotage and difficult tides. David is also a freelance photographer.
- Author BiographyDavid Rainsbury is a photographer and writer with a passion for sailing and the sea. An Ocean Yachtmaster with over 25 years sailing experience, David is also an RYA Shorebased Instructor. Aboard his previous yacht Piper, a Contessa 26, he sailed the entire coastlines of Britain, Ireland and Western Europe from Bergen to the Loire. Now with Kate, a Vancouver 274 designed for short handed ocean sailing, he has already sailed as far south as Portugal, making two single-handed Biscay crossings, a total distance in the last ten years of over 30,000 miles, mostly single-handed. Trained to meet the demanding standards of the photographic studio he has taken his skills outside to capture images of yachts and boats, seascapes and sailors. He writes about his adventures in the yachting press and his photographs illustrate pilot books and magazine articles and are used to sell the products he tests and relies on at sea.
- Author(s)David Rainsbury
- PublisherImray,Laurie,Norie & Wilson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHuntingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImray,Laurie,Norie & Wilson Ltd
- Content Notefrequent photographs and harts
- Weight422 g
- Width180 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.