All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeat-eating theropod disaurs have been recognized as potential ancestors of birds since the 19th century, but it was t until the 1960s that work on Deinychus revealed the startling similarities between disaurs and birds. With each new small theropod find the ties became stronger, until the discovery of Sisauropteryx-a disaur with feathers! Though t all scientists accept the concept of birds' being phylogenetically nested within the Disauria, others are w focusing on the evolution of feathers and avian flight. This book presents 15 new pieces of research, including the first detailed description of Bambiraptor, a remarkable new specimen from Montana. Contributors are Robert T. Bakker, David Burnham, Sankar Chatterjee, Luis M. Chiappe, James M. Clark, Philip J. Currie, Stephen J. Godfrey, Gerald Grellet-Turner, Thomas P. Hopp, Frankie K. Jackson, Peter J. Makovicky, Mark A. Norell, Fernando E. Novas, Mark J. Orsen, Gregory J. Retallack, Dale A. Russell, R. J. Templin, David J. Varricchio, Peter Wellnhofer, and Joanna L. Wright.
- Author BiographyPhilip J. Currie is Curator of Dinosaurs at the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology. Eva B. Koppelhus is a palynologist and Adjunct Research Scientist at the Royal Tyrrell Museum. Martin A. Shugar, M.D., F.A.C.S., was director of the Florida Institute of Paleontology at the Graves Museum of Archaeology and Natural History. Joanna L. Wright is Assistant Professor of Geology at the University of Colorado at Denver and Associate Director, CU-MWC Fossil Footprint Collection.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2004
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleLife of the Past
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note150 b&w photos, 22 plates, 1 index
- Weight998 g
- Width187 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEva B. Koppelhus,Joanna L. Wright,Martin A. Shugar,Philip J. Currie
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.