Feature Writing: A Practical Introduction by Susan Featherstone, Susan Pape (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.44+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'As textbooks go, this one's a very strong volume for the aspiring feature writer ready to make their mark on the world' - www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk This book provides a practical and richly informative introduction to feature writing and the broader context in which features journalists operate. As well as covering the key elements and distinctive features that constitute good feature writing, the book also offers a rich resource of real life examples, case studies and exercises. The authors have drawn on their considerable shared experience to provide a solid and engaging grounding in the principles and practice of feature writing. The textbook will explore the possibilities of feature writing, including essential basics, such as: Why journalists become feature writers The difference between news stories and features What features need to contain How to write features The different types of features The text is intended for both those who are studying the media at degree level and those who are wishing to embark on a career in the print industry. It will be invaluable for trainee feature writers.
- Author BiographySusan has been a journalist for more than 30 years and has worked for regional and national newspapers and magazines, and in regional television. She has strong links with the regional media and with the National Council for the Training of Journalists - with whom she has worked as an assessor. She is also a former judge of the Yorkshire Press Awards. Susan is Course Leader in Postgraduate Print and Magazine Journalism. The two books she co-authored are written in a practical, how-to style and designed to appeal to journalism students and trainee journalists. Susan has acted as External Examiner at Darlington College - part of Teesside University - and has been an external member on programme approval and validation panels for Glasgow Caledonian University and Sheffield Hallam University.
- Author(s)Susan Featherstone,Susan Pape
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2006
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.