All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe central event in Hilde's childhood occurred on 2 February 1945. She was a confused but compliant girl at the time. Now she is a depressed and angry old woman, who is haunted by the memory of that shameful day. For on that day in February, the ordinary citizens of her village hunted down and murdered approximately 500 prisoners who had escaped from the concentration camp in Mauthausen. This brilliant vel renders the experiences of common people caught up in the political cyclone of the time, reminding us that history is t behind us, r is it outside us.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Reichart was born in 1953 in Steyregg, Upper Austria and studied History and German Literature at the University of Salzburg. She currently lives and writes in Vienna.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Reichart
- PublisherAriadne Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1989
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationRiverside, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAriadne Press
- Weight240 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.