All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen school teacher Mrs. Q forgot her lunch one day, she had idea she was about to embark on an odyssey to uncover the truth about public school lunches. Shocked by what her students were served, she resolved to eat school lunch for an entire year, chronicling her experience anymously on a blog that received thousands of hits daily, and was lauded by such food activists as Mark Bittman, Jamie Oliver, and Marion Nestle. Here, Mrs. Q reveals her identity for the first time in an eye-opening account of school lunches in America. Along the way, she provides invaluable resources for parents and health advocates who wish to help reform school lunch, making this a must-read for anyone concerned about children s health issues.
- Author BiographyMrs. Q is a public school teacher in Midwest U.S.A. In 2010, she started the Fed Up With Lunch blog where she recorded eating school lunch every day for a year. As of late June 2010, she had eaten 98 school lunches, including 38 fruit cups, 17 pieces of pizza, 12 beef burgers and more than 60 chicken nuggets. Her blog has been applauded by Jamie Oliver who has written a forward to her book.
- Author(s)Mrs. Q
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content NoteOne four-colour signature
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byJamie Oliver
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.