Fed, White, and Blue: Finding America with My Fork by Simon Majumdar (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood writer and Food Network personality Simon Majumdar sets out across the United States to discover what it means to be American, one bite at a time. Before deciding whether to trade in his green card for a U.S. citizenship, Simon Majumdar knew he needed to find out what it really means to be an American. So he set out on a journey to discover America through the thing he kws best: food. Over the course of a year, Simon crisscrossed the United States, stopping in locales such as Plymouth, Massachusetts, to learn about what the pilgrims ate; Kansas, for a Shabbat dinner; Wisconsin, to make cheese; Alaska, to fish for salmon alongside a grizzly bear; and Los Angeles, to cook at a Filipi restaurant in the hopes of making his in-laws proud. Along the way he makes some friends and digs in to the food cultures that make up America brewing beer, farming, working at a food bank, and even tailgating. Full of heart, humor, history, and, of course, food, Fed, White, and Blue is a warm, funny, and inspiring portrait of becoming an American in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographySimon Majumdar is a food writer and broadcaster, and author of Eat My Globe and Eating for Britain. He has recurring roles as a judge on Iron Chef, The Next Iron Chef, and Cutthroat Kitchen, and has appeared on Beat Bobby Flay, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Extreme Chef, and other shows. He is the fine-living correspondent for AskMen.com and writes regular features for the Food Network website, in addition to other media outlets. Simon was one of the voices behind the Dos Hermanos blog, which GQ called Michelin-starred food blogging. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Simon Majumdar
- PublisherAvery Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.