All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended as a basic reference manual for the casual practitioner of tax procedure as well as by more serious scholars, Federal Tax Procedures for Attorneys offers a nuts-and-bolts approach to solving specific and common problems that arise in everyday tax practice. Unlike casebooks or treatises, this practical guide primarily with Internal Revenue Code sections 6000 to 9000. Author W. Patrick Cantrell, who is both a lawyer and a tax professional, provides insight and practical tips on all aspects of federal tax controversies, including: Examination and IRS audit procedures Administrative appeals, FOIA requests, and collection due process hearings Statutes of limitations in tax cases Penalties and interest Collection enforcement, including tax liens, tax levies, and seizure of tangible property by the IRA Defenses and remedies in collection Fraud Ethical considerations Practice tips are highlighted throughout the text. For ease of reference, tes and citations follow each subject within a chapter rather than being grouped at the end. Appendices include abbreviations and acronyms used in federal tax procedure matters, IRS forms and tices, IRS form letters sent to taxpayers, and a list of IRS publications on procedural topics.
- Author BiographyW. Patrick Cantrell is licensed as an attorney and as a certified public accountant. After 33 years practicing as a CPA, including seven at the Internal Revenue Service, he opened Cantrell & Cantrell, PLLC, a tax law practice in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)W Patrick Cantrell
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.