Federalism and Economic Reform: International Perspectives by Cambridge University Press (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $105.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection focuses on the ways in which federalism has affected and been affected by ecomic reform, especially global integration. The editors and contributors focus in particular on the political ecomy of institutional and ecomic change - how the division of authority between national and subnational governments shapes debates over policy changes, as well as how the changing ecomic environment creates incentives to modify the basic agreements between levels of governments. Each chapter contains a historical overview, and an in-depth account of division of authority, lines of accountability, and legislative, bureaucratic, and other arenas in which the levels of government interact for a particular country. The analyses are based on reform (or n-reform) episodes for each country - most from recent history, but some spanning the century. As a collection, the country studies span a range of developing and industrial countries with varying political systems.
- Author BiographyT. N. Srinivasan is Samuel C. Park, Jr., Professor of Economics at Yale University. He has previously taught at the Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi, and at numerous American universities. He has authored or edited four books, most recently Frontiers in Applied General Equilibrium Modeling (Cambridge University Press, 2005) co-edited with Timothy J. Kehoe and John Whalley. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Econometric Society, a member of the American Philosophical Society, and a Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Sciences. He was named Distinguished Fellow of the American Economic Association in 2003. His current research interests include international trade, development, agricultural economics, and microeconomic theory. Jessica S. Wallack is Assistant Professor in the Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies at the University of California, San Diego. She has published articles in journals such as the Journal of International Economics, the Latin American Journal of Economic Development, the World Bank Economic Review, and De Economist. Professor Wallack has served as a consultant to the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the Asian Development Bank. She received her doctorate from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note75 tables
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJessica Wallack,T. N. Srinivasan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.