All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFederico Fellini professed a desire to create an entire film made of immobile pictures. In this study, Hava Aldouby uses this quotation as a launching point to analyze Fellini's films as sequences of pictures that draw extensively on art history, and particularly painting, as a reservoir of visual imagery. Aldouby employs an invative pictorial approach that allows her to uncover a wealth of visual evocations overlooked by Fellini scholars over the years. Federico Fellini: Painting in Film, Painting on Film sheds light on the intertextual links between Fellini's films and the works of various artists, from Velazquez to Francis Bacon, by identifying references to specific paintings in his films. Using new archival evidence from Fellini's private library, brought to light for the first time here, Aldouby draws out Fellini's in-depth kwledge of art history and his systematic employment of art-historical allusions.
- Author BiographyHava Aldouby lectures in the School of the Arts in the Faculty of Humanities at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Hava Aldouby
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleToronto Italian Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note32
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.