All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionI've worked side by side with Dr. Pescatore for many years. In this book--which I heartily recommend--Dr. Pescatore teaches you how to bring health and nutrition to the next generation.--Robert C. Atkins, M.D., author of the multimillion copy bestseller Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution. Feed Your Kids Well offers a sensible approach to the difficult problem of childhood obesity--and many other children's health problems. Dr. Pescatore provides parents with excellent strategies for dealing with their children in a positive, sensitive way. --Carol Colman, coauthor of the New York Times bestseller The Melatonin Miracle. Feed Your Kids Well is an excellent book that explains the importance of a well-balanced diet. It exposes the dangers associated with high-sugar foods and reveals the true cause of childhood obesity. --Joyce and Gene Daoust, authors of 40-30-30 Fat Burning Nutrition. I helped nutritionally vet Adelle Davis's book, Let's Have Healthy Children. In my opinion, Feed Your Kids Well replaces that important work. --Fran Gare, nutrition expert, CBS-TV. Today, one-third of North American children and teenagers are overweight. And despite decades of medical and scientific breakthroughs, the percentage of children with health problems today is the highest in history. Feed Your Kids Well will be a revelation for millions of worried parents. Dr. Fred Pescatore, who was overweight and asthmatic as a child, brings an empathetic and hopeful tone to this groundbreaking guide to achieving optimum nutrition, ideal health, and self-confidence. Building on the low-carbohydrate principles of the hugely popular Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution--which has helped millions of adults lose weight permanently--Dr. Pescatore applies the Atkins Center's proven nutritional program to children and teenagers. Thoroughly tested over years of exhaustive research, his Next Generation Diet is the first health program to recognize that simply applying adult diet plans to children is ineffective--and often dangerous. The author argues that the real culprit behind dietary problems is t fat, but sugars and starches. Feed Your Kids Well brings something new to the table: sane and practical guidance for parents concerned t only about weight loss, but also about general wellness and the prevention of disease--from asthma to ADD, from earaches to allergies. After explaining how your child's body and metabolism work, Dr. Pescatore clearly outlines a straightforward nutritional lifestyle program that helps parents shape the important building blocks--proteins, fats, and carbohydrates--into complete, well-balanced meals. Packed with easy-to-follow sample menus for every day of the week, this book provides delicious, healthy alternatives. Kids will love the dozens of simple, step-by-step recipes for a variety of dishes, including pancakes with strawberry topping, chicken fingers, beef tacos, fudgy brownie squares, and peanut butter cookies. Some recipes are easy eugh for kids to make themselves! Parents will also learn how to integrate effective nutrition with various vitamin supplements, complementary medical treatments, and a regular exercise program, which can help heal and even prevent childhood ailments. With fascinating case studies, Dr. Pescatore demonstrates how to treat these problems simply by monitoring nutrient deficiencies and sugar overload. In childhood, the all-important seeds of our adult selves are planted--from our personalities to our eating habits. Feed Your Kids Well helps parents prepare their children for healthy, happy lives.
- Author(s)Fred Pescatore
- Date of Publication01/12/1999
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.