All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry written on a 10 day trip to Israel by Los Angeles humorous, observationalist poet Rick Lupert. From the introduction: Sunday December 26, 1999 I received a phone call from one of my co-workers asking if I could leave for Israel three days later because she was sick and couldn't go. A solid three seconds of thought later I had determined that there was absolutely reason why I couldn't. So I did. And there I was for ten days leading a group of college students around the Holy Land with my guitar at hand and cats everywhere. This book isn't really about the cats, but trust me, they were there; at the Western Wall, on top of Masada, in front of the desert hotel at four in the morning, and outside of Mr. Li's Kosher Chinese Food restaurant in Jerusalem. What can one say? Meow, I suppose. Israel is an amazing country. At any location you are a stone's throw from several other countries. If you've ever watched the news, you kw that sometimes stones are thrown.
- Author BiographyRick Lupert has been involved in the Los Angeles poetry community since 1990. He served for two years as a co-director of the Valley Contemporary Poets, a twenty-three year old non-profit organization which produces a regular reading series and publications out of the San Fernando Valley. His poetry has appeared in numerous maga- zines and literary journals, including The Los Angeles Times, Chiron Review, Zuzu's Petals, Caffeine Magazine, Blue Satellite and others. He recently edited A Poet's Haggadah: Passover through the Eyes of Poets anthology and is the author of ten other books: Paris: It's The Cheese, I Am My Own Orange County, Mowing Fargo, I'm a Jew. Are You?, Stolen Mummies, I'd Like to Bake Your Goods, A Man With No Teeth Serves Us Breakfast (Ain't Got No Press), Lizard King of the Laundromat, Brendan Constantine is My Kind of Town (Inevitable Press) and Up Liberty's Skirt (Cassowary Press). He has hosted the long running Cobalt Cafe reading series in Canoga Park since 1994 and is regularly featured at venues throughout Southern California. Rick created and maintains the Poetry Super Highway, a major inter- net resource for poets. (PoetrySuperHighway.com) Currently Rick works as the music teacher and graphic and web designer for Temple Ahavat Shalom in Northridge, CA and for anyone who would like to help pay his mortgage.
- Author(s)Rick Lupert
- PublisherAin't Got No Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAin't Got No Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.