All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpensive modern skin treatments and cosmetics are accompanied by slick marketing campaigns that equate them with glamour, happiness and health. But how healthy are they? What do they contain and what are they really doing to your skin? Your skin rapidly absorbs chemicals and passes them into your bloodstream, so why would you put anything on your skin that you wouldn't be prepared to eat? Feeding Your Skin is full of easy and delicious recipes for natural beauty treatments that you can make from everyday ingredients: from cleansers, toners, moisturisers, exfoliants, masks and lip balms, through to nail treatments, shampoos, sunscreens and even deodorants. In fact, everything you need to keep your face and body beautiful and healthy.
- Author BiographyCarla Oates has worked as a freelance writer for the last eight years. She writes a weekly DIY beauty column for the Sunday Telegraph (Australia) and is studying aromatherapy. Carla lives at Bondi Beach with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Carla Oates
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight184 g
- Width169 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine14 mm
Most relevant reviews
- twh_au_38ww3uhz...24 May, 2016by
Natural skincare at it's best!!!
I've always liked the idea of using natural products on my skin & can honestly say I've been pleasantly surprised at how good the recipes are!!! I have made great cleansers & moisturisers & have saved myself a lot of money in the process!!! I definately reccomend this book to anyone who is curious about making their own skincare!!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- eclean-321-go26 Apr, 2013by
A great book for cosmetic recipes!
Feeding Your Skin by Carla Oates is easy to read, has a great collection of cosmetic recipes for creams, balms, soaps, shampoos, cleansers, exfoliants, masks and more... from head to toe and for all ages and skin types. If you are interested in making useful cosmetics from home and stay away from preservatives and harmful chemicals, then this book is a must!
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22