All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)N. V. Jones
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMarine Science
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight554 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
- Table Of ContentsAttachment to Suspended Solids as a Strategy of Estuarine Bacteria.- Growth and Survival of Estuarine Microalgae.- Survival Strategies of Attached Algae in Estuaries.- Survival Strategies of Meiofauna.- Survival Strategies of Tubificids in the Thames and Other Estuaries.- Survival Strategies in Estuarine Nereids.- Behavioural Activities and Ecological Strategies in the Intertidal Gastropod Hydrobia uVoae.- The Survival of Macoma balthica (L.) in Mobile Sediments.- The Feeding and Survival Strategies of Estuarine Molluscs.- The Survival, Behaviour and Respiratory Physiology of Crangon vulgaris (Fabr.) in the Polluted Thames Estuary.- The Penetration of Brackish-Water by the Echinodermata.- Effects of Closure of the Grevelingen Estuary on Survival and Development of Macrozoobenthos.- Tidal Migration of Plaice and Flounders as a Feeding Strategy.- On Cropping and Being Cropped: The Regeneration of Body Parts by Benthic Organisms.- How Foraging Plovers Cope with Environmental Effects on Invertebrate Behaviour and Availability.- Prey Depletion and the Regulation of Predator Density: Oystercatchers (Haematopus ostralegus) Feeding on Mussels (Mytilus edulis).- Factors Affecting the Use of Mussel (Mytilus edulis) Beds by Oystercatchers (Haematopus ostralegus) on the Exe Estuary, Devon.- Survival of Shorebirds (Charadrii) during Severe Weather: The Role of Nutritional Reserves.- The Importance of Nocturnal Feeding in Shorebirds: A Consequence of Increased Invertebrate Prey Activity.- The Importance of Field Feeding to the Survival of Wintering Male and Female Curlews Numenius arquata on the Tees Estuary.- Migration and Dispersal of Shorebirds as a Survival Strategy.- Feeding and Survival Strategies of Estuarine Organisms: Epilogue.
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.