All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEat to win! Practice is only part of a winning sports strategy. Whole foods have to be part of the playbook to increase energy, endurance, and focus, both on and off the field. What to eat and when to eat, pre-game, during and afterwards? How much fluid do you need to be hydrated? What to eat when you re on the road? These are critical answers to have for young athletes, competing on a demanding schedule and eating on the run. In Feeding the Young Athlete: Sports Nutrition Made Easy for Players, Parents and Coaches, simple nutritional lessons are organized into 10 Essential Eating Guidelines and recipes for cooking healthy meals and snacks with whole grains and vegetables. These recipes and eating tips offer a gateway for young players, parents, and coaches to improve performance and establish lifelong eating habits. Cynthia Lair, nutrition professor and culinary arts program director at Bastyr University--as well as a soccer mom--along with dietitian and triathlete, Scott Murdoch, PhD, bring you this essential reading for today s young athlete to make or choose great foods and drinks that urish and replenish, at home, at school, or on the road.
- Author BiographyCynthia Lair is a certified Health and Nutrition Counselor. She is the Culinary Curriculum Director and an assistant professor at Bastyr University's School of Nutrition and Exercise Science. The 4th edition of her popular cookbook, Feeding the Whole Family, will be published in fall 2016. In addition to her teaching and writing, Cynthia is the co-creator and host of the online web cooking program, Cookus Interruptus at cookusinterruptus.com. See her TEDx Rainier talk on mindful cooking, How to Cut an Onion, on YouTube. Dr. Scott Murdoch, Ph.D., RD received his doctorate in Nutrition and Human Performance and is a Registered Dietitian. He was a core faculty member at Bastyr University and has competed in over 90 triathlons, including three Ironman World Championships.
- Author(s)Cynthia Lair
- PublisherReaders to Eaters
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReaders to Eaters
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.