All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmpower children to recognize their individual worth and develop confidence in themselves, their abilities, and the choices they make. Children learn that they can speak up, expect and show respect, try new things, and believe in themselves. Confidence-building skills of accepting yourself, asking for what you need, making decisions, solving problems, and communicating are also discussed. Young children will respond to the true-to-life situations and colorful illustrations. Being the Best Me Series: From the author of the popular Learning to Get Along(r) books comes a one-of-a-kind character-development series. Each of the first six books in the Being the Best Me! series helps children learn, understand, and develop attitudes and positive character traits that strengthen self-confidence and a sense of purpose. Each book focuses on a specific attitude or character trait optimism, self-esteem, assertiveness, resilience, integrity, and forgiveness. Also included are discussion questions, games, activities, and additional information for adults. Filled with diversity, these social story books will be welcome in school, home, and childcare settings.
- Author BiographyCheri J. Meiners, M.Ed., has her master s degree in elementary education and gifted education. The author of the award-winning Learning to Get Along social skills series for young children and a former first-grade teacher, she has taught education classes at Utah State University and has supervised student teachers. Cheri and her husband, David, have six children and two grandchildren. She lives in Laurel, Maryland.Elizabeth Allen is an artist and professional illustrator of children s picture books as well as a former songwriter and jazz musician. She has exhibited her art in galleries in the Midwest and on the East Coast. Elizabeth lives on a river running through a forest near St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Cheri Meiners
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBeing the Best Me
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width282 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Elizabeth Allen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.