All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaybe you should wear sunscreen... Mairijane McBride is a free-spirited woman in her mid-twenties caught up in a whirlwind of sex, drugs and fitness struggling to manage her out of control life. Mairijane, who emphatically goes by MJ, kws that her relationship is near the end when her boyfriend, Duffy Fontaine, convinces her to smuggle drugs across the Mexican border. To make matters worse, shortly after making it safely back to American soil her father delivers an ultimatum that she will get a job or he will cut her off from the financial support he had been providing. Her chosen path in the fitness industry begins by her accepting a job at an upscale gym and meeting some very colorful staff members and guests. Staving off advances from her new boss and trying to fit in with her co-workers proves to be a challenge but she stands her ground. In the midst of attempting to sever ties with Duffy and start fresh, an unexpected relationship with an older man blossoms, she tries to help her cousin as his long term drug abuse reaches a breaking point, and she begins nurturing a new relationship with a rescue puppy named Mac.
- Author BiographyNative Texan Kat McCool is a writer, artist, yoga instructor and a proud single mother. She started writing after she closed her first yoga studio in 2009 after friends and family suggested she write a book. Unfamiliar with the ways of writing she started with what she knew best: her life story. Nine months later Feel the Burn was completed and she eagerly moved on to her next manuscript. Shortly after writing Feel the Burn, a popular downtown Austin gallery contracted with her to show her paintings on a continual basis and has become well-liked among the gallery staff and patrons. In 1999 she trained to become a massage therapist and in 2003 became a Reiki Master. Kat has been teaching yoga for the past 11 years to adults and children and recently opened her second studio, FlowYoga in her home town of Cedar Park, Texas. She fortifies her everyday life with positive healing energy and the hope that she will help others live with purpose. She is currently working on Happy Ending which will be the second book in the Mairijane McBride trilogy.
- Author(s)Kat McCool
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.