All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on his own experience transforming himself from a degenerate bar fly into a dedicated runner who qualified for the Boston Marathon, Ben Kaplan provides a week-by-week training program, split into four sections, each concluding with a race from 5km to a full 26.2-mile marathon. With wit, self-deprecation, and the input of experts from around the world, he provides critical information on nutrition and hydration, selecting shoes, race strategy, pacing, proper form, motivation, and how to stave off injuries while continually crossing new finish lines. He shares running music recommendations provided personally by a variety of pop and rock stars, including Paul Simon, Justin Bieber, The Black Keys, Ghostface Killah, Willie Nelson, Feist, and Norah Jones. Kaplan's infectious enthusiasm about running and music inspires the most recalcitrant runners to lace up their shoes and hit the pavement.
- Author BiographyBen Kaplan writes a weekly column on running for the National Post, as well as covering the music scene for the newspaper and interviewing celebrities such as Mel Brooks, Barry Manilow, Snoop Dogg, and Joan Rivers. He also teaches a weekly Learn to Run course at the Running Room. Born in Brooklyn, he was an editor at GQ and staff writer at New York Magazine, and has written for The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, Runnner's World, and Spin, among other publications.
- Author(s)Ben Kaplan
- PublisherGreystone Books
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGreystone Books
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.