All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Gary Gesko's previous book, Felix Guattari: An Aberrant Introduction: 'Gesko skillfully presents the semiotic, psychiatric, and political underpinnings of Guattari's philosophy and activism.' Brian Massumi, University of Montreal This is an introduction to the thought of the radical French thinker Felix Guattari. It is ideal for undergraduates and anyone studying political and cultural theory. Guattari's main works were published in the 1970s and 1980s. His background was in psychoanalysis -- he was trained by Lacan and he practised as a psychoanalyst for much of his life. He developed a distinctive psychoanalytic method informed always by his revolutionary politics. Guattari was actively involved in numerous political movements, from Trotskyism to Automism, tackling ecological and sexual politics along the way. A true believer in collectivity, much of his work was written in collaboration, most famously with Gilles Deleuze, with whom he wrote the hugely influential books Anti-Oedipus and A Thousand Plateaus. He also wrote with Antonio Negri and others. This accessible introduction explores his highly original ideas -- including his ground-breaking conception of 'transversal politics' -- and the impact his concern with subjectivity had on wider political theory.
- Author BiographyGary Genosko is currently Canada Research Chair in Technoculture at Lakehead University in Canada. He is the author of two books on Felix Guattari, An Aberrant Introduction (2002) and The Party without Bosses: Lesson on Anti-Capitalism from Felix Guattari and Lula da Silva (2003). He has also edited The Guattari Reader (1996) and Deleuze and Guattari: Critical Assessments, 3 vols (2001).
- Author(s)Gary Genosko
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleModern European Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight386 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.