All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis work examines the arguments for and against female circumcision. It is based on the Kenyan author's experiences and interviews with 50 Kenyan women representing Christianity, Islam, African Initiated Churches and traditional religion. It emphasises the importance of understanding the social context of gender relationships and culture behind the practice.
- Author BiographyMary A Nyangweso Wangila was born in western Kenya and received her doctorate in the sociology of religion at Drew University. The author of several articles on African women and religion, she has taught at Moi University in Eldoret, Kenya, at Montclair State University and at Iowa State University.
- Author(s)Mary Nyangweso Wangila
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication26/06/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleWomen from the Margins S.
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Content Notemap
- Weight259 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.