All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionToday, there are over 200,000,000 women business owners around the world. Many of these entrepreneurs are t doing business as usual, r are they simply leaning in. Rather, they are tapping into feminine capital-the unique skills and sensibilities that they have cultivated as women-to create enviable successes. Drawing on four decades of award-winning research, Feminine Capital reveals how women are harnessing different approaches to doing business. Barbara Orser and Catherine Elliott detail the pillars of feminine capital and offer new insight into the ways that gender can influence entrepreneurial decision-making. They find that leveraging feminine capital can help women to create distinctive brands, build new markets, and drive profits-all while leveling the playing field in business. In doing so, women are changing our social and ecomic landscape, one venture at a time. Dispelling myths and misperceptions that can undermine women-owned ventures, this book takes a fresh look at how female entrepreneurs can leverage their skills, kwledge, and values. Case studies of women entrepreneurs bring key concepts and lessons to life, while learning aids, diagstic tools, and checklists help readers to construct invative business models, refine start-up plans, and hone growth strategies.
- Author BiographyBarbara Orser is Vice Dean (Career Development) of the University of Ottawa's Telfer School of Management. She is Founding Chair of the Canadian Taskforce for Women's Business Growth and has been named one of the Women Executive Network's 100 Most Power Women in Canada. Catherine Elliott is Assistant Professor at the University of Ottawa's Telfer School of Management, where she teaches Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management.
- Author(s)Barbara Orser,Catherine Elliott
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.